New Year Stuff!



Over the past few days I have been doing some hand sewing - the lounge curtains to be precise. My talanted neighbour, Anne is an absolute whizz with anything fabric, in particular curtains and helped me (well did) pin the hems on the curtains. My job was to hand stitch them and I must say how much I have enjoyed doing them. Quite theraputic I must say, especially with the radio for company. Obviously each curtain took a while and indeed I have one more to do today, but having a break I have found and bought 2 interesting books - thanks to one click buying from Amazon. I reckon by the time I have finished the curtain and lining and  ironed all the curtains I will be ready for another little project, ideally and hopefully the books will be a source of inspiration. I think it will be a great project for New Year.....reading many blogs that feature knitting and crochet projects always make me feel inadequate - I can't knit or crochet......my mum spent endless hours trying to teach me. I did consider trying to learn YET AGAIN but felt the sewing idea was a better option as I have the basic knowledge and would not be liable to "throw the towel in" when things did not go to plan - as I fear would be the case with a knitting or crochet project.

I certainly have an idea for some cushion covers..........watch this space!

Infact I have joined in here.....