My Sewing Adventure !!

For my ABC Wednesday theme I have chosen to focus on my sewing adventure. Basically I want to be better than I am and want to extend my sewing skills....although I chose A for Adventure last week I am doubling up.....2 for one this week....

A is for Applique.

In its broadest sense, an appliqué is a smaller ornament or device applied to another surface. In the context of ceramics, for example, an appliqué is a separate piece of clay added to the primary work, generally for the purpose of decoration. The term is borrowed from French and, in this context, means "applied" or "thing that has been applied."

Appliqué was first discovered when clothes ripped and needed fixing so they used to sew over the top of the rip patches of different material otherwise known as patch work.
In the context of sewing, appliqué refers to a needlework technique in which pieces of fabric, embroidery, or other materials are sewn onto another piece of fabric to create designs, patterns or pictures.




B is for Buttons.....



This technique below is called "yoyoing".....I am still experimenting!




All in all, I am pleased with my efforts and hope to show you the finished product next week.......C for completed........??????

For more ABC fun visit the link on my sidebar.
For cat lovers and owners, make sure you see my Giveaway post yesterday!