Being married to an engineer!

It is a good job I am married to an engineer! After months of smooth operations the Rayburn just was NOT playing ball. Jon dismantled various bits to uncover this.......


An hour later the same part looked like this......


The main chamber did look like this.....




eventually looking like this....




Ofcourse it goes without saying to say that during the whole operation I was cold, very cold but all seems to be working well now. It had been a build up of creosote from the logs - who would have thought it? Towards the end of last week I was not able to  feel warm and i kept putting it down to Shingles - when all along it was the Rayburn. Jon had to practically dismantle it - fortunately this is the type of thing he strangely enjoys!!!! Not so much the dirt and discomfort - but finding out why something is not working to it's expectations. Now it is all sorted we have a warm house.

I must admit things seemed to crash around me on Saturday and I felt everything was getting on top of me - the house was in a state of mess whilst the decorating is in progress - the washing was building up as the weather was dreadful and the house was cold - but I know we are not having everybody round this Christmas Day - which took pressure off. It is amazing the difference a nice warm house makes! Having had a little panic life can now continue as normal!