Apples galore!


I have got the baking bug at the moment - the temperature outside is definitely much colder and the urge to eat comfort food is growing! Today a neighbour popped in and gave me a recipe for Apple Cake...which ofcourse I HAD to try out.

Ingrediants
120z Plain Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
4oz Brown Sugar
4oz White Sugar
2oz butter
1 large beaten egg
1/4pt milk
Apples

Peel. core and chop apples put with brown sugar.Microwave for 30 seconds.
Mix rest of ingrediants and stir in apples + brown sugar.
Place in lined baking tin - I used 2 x 7" deep sandwich tins.
Place in Oven 150 degrees until cooked. (40 minutes in my case)
Whilst warm sprinkle with brown sugar.

Cool and serve with custard.

Just as I was bringing them out of the oven my sister in law and her partner arrived - so I cut them both a slice and made up some custard! Ofcourse I had to sample the new recipe - gorgeous! Jon then arrived so he too had a piece - he loved it too.

After a walk I came home and was very tired so after a doze I had another small piece and some custard............custard! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I think this means one thing - I am getting a cold! I rarely eat sweet food but the thought of the custard does tickle my tastebuds. I have fed the rest of the apple cake to the hens who loved every minute of it - otherwise I would have kept slicing another inch off the cake and eating it with custard......custard...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

The hens have just had the remainder of the custard......custard....mmmmmmm!