still busy, and lots of work to do......

The RSC90 is costing me a lot of time, in finding the right camshaft, carb settings and ignition timing.
I Have had my second event with a standard camshaft, this didn't do bad, however the carb settings were still of...or were they....
Only fault with the standard cam was a worn out hole for the pin that alligns the advancer. This caused the pin to come out and grind against the housing, causing aluminium flakes to mess up the points.
And that was another racing weekend down the drain.

So we decided to put the 90 on the dyno, although the dyno wasn't 100% functional, we could do unlimited testing.


After 4 runs we really didn't have an idea about the carb settings, but in hindsight something must be wrong with the ignition. (probably the coil)
No really clear runs, but at one point we had a max of roughly 10.6 HP at the rear wheel.
I think not bad for a 100cc, now just to get it running correctly so it will become rideable without constantly feathering the throttle.
(The coil has been sent out for testing.)

But then.... a big crunch and strange mechanical sounds.
some oil on the outside of the engine cover, I suspected the clutch.

Back home we opened up the motor, it wasn't so much the clutch, as the lack of...

Aha, there is the rest of it.

And some debris cought the dipstick, now I have to figure out the level again, probably the least of my worries.


So I have some work to do, the engine is out, we're going to take it appart completely to clean it from bits of clutch. and then install a slightly newer style S90 clutch which has just a bit more material so I hope it will be stronger.
And only 2 days to go before it should be on the track again.